Unique Challenges Require Unique Options
We understand that every school community faces unique challenges. To best meet the needs of our member schools and their staff, our insurance plan makes available five flex plan options. Schools may participate in all five flex plans or choose a selection that best fits the school's needs. If more than one flex option is selected by a school, each employee may choose the flex plan best suited to his or her needs. If an employee waives health/dental coverage because of being covered by a spousal employer plan, the employee is still eligible for the limited benefit plan (life, AD&D, and disability).
To get started, email Todd Schilthuis.
CSI Insurance is available to active full-time and certain part-time employees of our member schools and affiliated institutions and colleges across Canada. Designed for the varying needs of employees, schools may choose from four eligibility requirement options: 40 percent, 50 percent, 60 percent, or 75 percent of full-time employment.
Our limited benefit plan (which includes life, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D), and disability is available to employees with health and dental coverage through a spouse's employer.
With the exception of self-funding short-term disability, all benefits are underwritten by Manulife Financial, which also serves as the claim administrator.
Comprehensive Benefits Offerings
- Extended health with five flex options
- Prescription drugs with a pay direct drug card
- Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
- Short-term disability (STD)
- Long-term disability (LTD)
- Optional term life insurance
- Non-smoker/smoker rates may be purchased on an individual basis for employee, spouse, and/or child
- Optional critical illness coverage
- Non-smoker/smoker rates can be purchased on an individual basis for employee, spouse, and/or child
- Employee assistance program
- Occupational coverage for co-op students
- Occupational coverage for schools in certain provinces
- Schools may also select from these benefit options:
- LTD cost of living allowance on health care spending accounts
- International student coverage
Benefits are administered under the terms of the CSI Canada Insurance Plan and Trust Fund by a board of trustees. The trust is a not-for-profit health and welfare trust dedicated solely to providing certain employee benefits and services related to those benefits. The trust is not an insurance company and is not subject to regulation under the relevant insurance legislation of some provinces, including British Columbia, Alberta, and Manitoba.
Extended health care, dental care, and health care spending account benefits are funded by the Trust, and Manulife Financial serves as the claim administrator. Short-term disability benefit is administered and funded by the trust. The employee/family assistance plan is provided by Ceridian Corporation; student occupational plan benefits are provided by the American Home Assurance Company of Canada; all other benefits are underwritten by Manulife Financial.
Recent Insurance Resources
Request a Proposal
Rates are determined on a school-by-school basis. To request a detailed proposal tailored to your school, email Todd Schilthuis.